HOW IT WORKSA COMMUNITY BUILT ON SHARING
Cycle.land is a peer-to-peer social marketplace that provides a platform for bike sharing.
We encourage all kinds of bikes and accessories to be shared on Cycle.land. Whether you’re offering a hand-built road bike or a sturdy old workhorse, it is free to list your bike.
Cycle.land works by creating a community of people that are interested in bikes and cycling. The community is built on trust and user feedback.CREATING A PROFILEUser profiles are important because it builds trust within the community. People will not share their bike with you or borrow a bike from you if you do not have a completed profile. Who are you? Why do you love cycling? Tell us a bit about yourself and upload a profile picture.LISTING YOUR BIKEIf you have a bike to share, that's fantastic. But if you want to connect with some riders, here are a few things you need to think about.Cycle.land helps make bike sharing easy, enjoyable and safe. We verify personal profiles and listings. Our smart messaging system ensures that communication between bike owners and users stays on Cycle.land so that your contact information remains private.
- Use good quality photographs to show your bike in the best light. Write about your bike, describe its features. Is it good for getting around town? Where is it located? Is it available at weekends? Do you provide bike lights and a helmet?
- Prepare your bike. Give your cyclists a bike that is fit for use. Make sure that the tyres are inflated, the chain is well oiled, and everything is in ship-shape condition.
- Respond to requests as quickly as you can. Cyclists who love your bike will want to book it. When someone contacts you, reply quickly to let them know that you are happy to share your bike with them and that it is available.
- Arrange a time and location to meet for picking up/dropping off the bike. It can be a home address, a local coffee shop, a library, or any other location that is convenient. If you know or trust the rider and your bike is secured with a combination lock, you could message them with the location of your bike and the combination sequence.
- Genuine reviews are the cornerstone of Cycle.land’s trusted community. You have 14 days to write a review and share comments about your experience with your bike user. Your bike user also has the opportunity to review you and your bike, too. This builds trust in the Cycle.land community.
- We verify personal profiles and listings and provide a secure messaging system.
- Using PayPal makes payments safe and simple.
- Bike sharers and riders build trust and cultivate their reputations by writing reviews after each bike sharing experience.
- We can pre-agree an insurance plan with you if you contact us before you list and rent out your bike. Insurance cover at the moment is being dealt with on a case-by-case basis so it is important that you understand the terms of sharing.
- As a rider, you are responsible for the bike you are renting as if it were your own during that time.
- As a sharer, we advise that you let the rider know the value of your bike via our secure messaging system and only confirm payment once they have agreed to reimburse you the total cost stated or pay for repairs if anything happens to your bike while in their care.
If you have any questions relating to the safety and security of your bike, make sure to familiarise yourself with our FAQs or contact us and we will run through our security policy and options with you.
We are constantly working on making Cycle.land an even safer place for sharers and riders.
24 HOUR CUSTOMER SERVICEWe’re here for our bike sharing community before, during and after your experience. Please get in touch and let us help you. We are a new community and still learning - please give us feedback so we can help make bike sharing the most enjoyable possible.